From the Desk of President of Institution's Innovation Council Siliguri Institute of Technology
Siliguri Institute of Technology under the vision of Techno India Group is one of the largest Engineering and Management institute in north Bengal. It has started an Institute Innovation Council (IIC) to foster the culture of Innovation among faculty and students to encourage, inspire and nurture young minds with new ideas and transform them into prototypes. The major focuses of IIC are as follow:
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of institutions on innovation achievements framework.
- Establish function ecosystem for scouting ideas and pre-incubation of ideas.
- Develop better cognitive ability among students.
Function of IIC
- To conduct various Innovation, IPR and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.