Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
The graduates of Electrical Engineering will:
- Possess strong educational foundation in science, mathematics and Electrical Engineering which is essential in making successful careers in Industry/ research / higher education and will understand the professional responsibility in modern electrical power and energy related Industry through global and rigorous education.
- Possess technical competence in the fields of Electrical engineering & allied disciplines and will be successful for the execution of engineering solutions which are technically sound and environment friendly.
- Utilize their broad based knowledge, skills and resources to design, invent and develop novel technology and find creative and innovative solutions to engineering problems in a multidisciplinary work environment.
- Be professional with leadership qualities, effective communication skills, ethical attitude and competence to excel individually and work efficiently in teams.
- Possess attitude to learn and adopt new technologies as it evolves and be lifelong learners.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineeringfundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complexengineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems anddesign system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and researchmethods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modernengineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assesssocietal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutionsin societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms ofthe engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader indiverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineeringcommunity and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of theengineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadestcontext of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Apply science, engineering, mathematics through differential and integral calculus, complex variables to solve electrical engineering problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of software & hardware to be required to practice Electrical engineering profession.